The Impact of Bullying on Me: Kizz Daniel Shares His Story



Nigerian singer, Kizz Daniel, whose real name is Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe, recently shared his experiences of childhood bullying in a candid interview.

During the latest Afrobeats Podcast episode hosted by Adesope Olajide, Kizz Daniel revealed that he had faced bullying as a child. He explained that he had created his own inner world from a young age as a way to cope with the bullying he endured.

Kizz Daniel mentioned that he was overweight while growing up, which led to other children making fun of him and subjecting him to bullying. This experience resulted in him losing his social skills over time.

To deal with social anxieties, Kizz Daniel admitted that he occasionally turned to alcohol. He recounted, "I have constructed a personal world in my mind since childhood because, during my early years, I was overweight and chubby. Consequently, I avoided going outside because the kids in my neighborhood would tease and bully me, calling me 'orobo' (a term for someone who is fat). I would stay indoors."

He went on to explain how this isolation led to the development of a rich fantasy world inside his head, where he felt comfortable. However, when he eventually lost weight and re-entered the real world, he struggled with social interactions and communication.

Kizz Daniel's openness about his past experiences with bullying and social anxiety sheds light on the personal challenges he has overcome on his journey to success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking News: Mavin Records Explores Multi-Million Dollar Sale or Investment Deal

Atiku Expresses Concerns Over Tinubu's Certificate Controversy: Nigeria's Reputation at Stake

Mohbad Was Killed Because He Is A Betrayer – Portable